Clevite P Series Rod Bearings for Acura Integra GSR and Type R Engines - B18C, B18C1, B18C5, B18C6
These Tri-Metal 77 engine bearings combine the strength of a copper-lead alloy layer with steel backing and an electroplated Babbitt metal. The steel backing provides strength and durability; the babbitt overlay provides the critical surface characteristics of slipperiness and conformability. This ideal design has properties not even found in many original equipment bearings.
- Typically the greatest level of eccentricity
- Rods and mains have high crush for maximum retention
- Most are fully grooved to maximize oil flow to rod bearings
- Reduced overlay thickness to prevent overlay fatigue
- Use where extremely high RPMs cause severe rod bore close-in
- Use where higher eccentricity is desired to narrow bearing contact patterns